Whatever tickles your ...

I was going to stay whatever floats your boat, but in actual fact I think the phrase whatever tickles your fancy, yes I said fancy, it more appropriate.

I am sure many people agree that the Fifty Shades trilogy brought Erotica into the mainstream, the books I am afraid are a little repetitive and definitely for people who need no imagination. However, I have found it interesting that no only is it now seen as more acceptable to read Erotica but the age range of people who enjoy these books is varied.

Whilst on a flight to Amsterdam last year, for business I might add, I had taken the first in the Fifty Shades books to finish reading. I don't like being couped up in an aeroplane and I thought this would give me a welcome distraction. I didn't get a far as actually reading the book, as the plane took of, I kept my head down waiting for the panic to settle when I little voice said "I've read that book." I looked up to find one of the stewardesses looking at me, her boss then piped up and said she had started reading it too. The lady in the next seat proceeded to join in the conversation and before I knew it the whole of the front two rows, of women I might add, had all joined in the discussion. Much to the discomfort or delight of the men in the rows behind.

The ages of the various passengers went from early twenties to sixties and everyone had their own point of view. I am not sure this conversation would have ever occurred prior to this book, the flight was over and I had not managed to read a single word. I did attempt to read on my return but the stewardess was the same one as my outbound journey and as soon as I stepped on to the plane she smiled and said "Hello, did you finish the book yet" another discussion began.

Very recently a lady in her early sixties told me she had read the trilogy and went on the recommend 90 Days of Genevieve as a better book, I haven't had the opportunity to look at it yet, the fact she felt able to recommend a book in this genre made me smile.

They say never judge a book by it's cover, and I would say never judge a women by her appearance or age you never know when you dig a little deeper what might tickle her fancy.

Have fun!

Cate