Review all about it - J D Estrada - Only Human

Only HumanOnly Human by J.D. Estrada
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love it when find a book which takes me completely by surprise. I read Vampire and usual thoughts spring to mind, that will teach me to jump in with preconceptions.

This isn't a standard any other kind of story. Nathaniel, might be an ordinary man, yes like many he is disillusioned with pretty much everything. Of course I knew when he got himself kidnapped by Daniel a sarcastic, intelligent, scheming Vampire it would end or change his life eternally. A thought provoking, challenging, and wonderful unusual story transpired.

As I joined Nathaniel on his journey, slowly and steadily the story enticed me, and gently whispered to me "are you sure that is the truth." I started asking myself questions, yes I do that, a lot but these were questions I have never thought of asking myself before and the fact a book inspired me to do that was amazing.

As this tale ideas skillfully drew me in, I found myself loving characters I really shouldn't, wanting to playing chess with a monster is a castle (and yes I am sure I would win), heartily wishing to slap Elliot into the ground, he is that obnoxious and then there is Bill. If he leapt out of the book to join me, I wouldn't be surprised, I would offer him a beer and endeavour to keep him here for as long as possible, although I may just regret wishing for that!

Do I like a work of fiction that makes me stop and think, honestly, I do, it's a little scary, but I like being scared.

Only Human is skillfully seductive ... don't say I didn't warn you.

View all my reviews