Magic isn't just for children

I am fortunate I got to know my Grandfather and Grandmother, aka Grampie and Nannie as an adult as well as a child.

As a child, I knew my Grandfather aka Grampie, loved tinkering in his workshop, it was filled with so many different gadgets. I wouldn't know where to begin listing them all. I also knew he kept a big stash of sweeties in a little wooden cupboard at the side of his armchair and he was wonderful to hug. 


As an adult I discovered he started work at 12 when his father died and he needed to help take care of his mum and brother. I also found out that his upbringing had been very strict and serious, no time for much fun.


When I think about my Grampie now I am inspired because in spite of his upbringing he still found it in himself to share a little magic with me.


If I could ask him one question, unfortunately he died fifteen years ago, it would be when did he first learnt that fairies lived at the bottom of his garden.


He told me about them when I was about five and I spent many a happy hour peering out of his french doors in the hope of catching sight of one of these magical creatures.


To be perfectly honest, to this day, I still let my eyes wander to the bottom of my garden in the hope I might just see one.


I shall be forever grateful to my Grampie for all the joy he brought to my life but the fairies ... they will always hold a special place in my heart.


Love


Cate