Halloween Verse: The Beauty

I creak and groan more every day, time has not been kind, my looks portray

Once upon an age ago I was filled with love and light, till death came calling one dark night














Twas an age of inquisition, Women cursed with Devil’s vision
Hunters consumed with deep desire, Sent countless souls into the fire


When first I saw her features fair, eyes shining golden light

Tresses of silky black hair, dark as winter’s night


Tears trickled gently down her snowy white skin
I'm cold and scared, would you let me in?

Her voice, a melody so sweet and tender
Her hand reached out soft and slender

As each day passed and she remained with me
My light grew dim and my soul no longer free

Her beauty remained barely skin deep
My heart grew tired and my soul did weep

One hundred years, she had stayed
Until at last they came as prayed

She burned as bright as morning sun
Wind blew ashes and she was done

I still recall that fateful day,
A witch with golden eyes came to stay




Comments