Would you sacrifice one single person in your life ...

You might like to believe that the only things that matter in your life are your family and friends.




Of course they are a priority, which is as it should be, however whether you like it or not you life is actually made up of a huge range of people, people that make your life better.






Let me explain in a little more detail. If I look around me right now I will tell you want I see.

1. I have electricity.
2. I have water.
3. I have food.
4. I have clothes.
5. I have furniture.
6. I have my health.

Much as I love a good fantasy story, I know that these things are not the result of fairies that secretly work whilst I sleep, in my house, in my bed, wearing my nightwear, with my light to read my book and drink my cup of tea.

These things are a result of people outside of my family and friends. Without the people that invented these things, without the people that worked to provide me with these things, without the people that fought for me to have my freedom, without the people that gave me the opportunity to have these things, my life would be infinitely poorer.

Now think about all the people that are still in your life that without other people would be dead and buried many years past.

WOULD YOU EVICT ANYONE THAT WASN'T WHITE FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO SOMEWHERE THAT DIDN'T GIVE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE THE WORLD FOR THE BETTER?

WOULD YOU GIVE UP ONE MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY OR A FRIEND BECAUSE SOMEONE OF A DIFFERENT GENDER, RACE, RELIGIOUS BELIEF WAS DENIED THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE YOUR WORLD?

If you would then I am more than happy to give a home to Oprah Winfrey, Priscilla Chan and any one of the people on this list, they can share my house along with my Spanish, Puerto Rican, French, German, Russian, Indian and Polish friends:-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nobel-prize-immigrants_us_57fbdf51e4b068ecb5e0cd4e

Because without these people having the opportunities they have had the world would be a much darker place.

So my answer is, I don't want to sacrifice one single person in my life.

Love,

Cate
x

p.s.

Comments