A random list from a random woman or should that be reindeer woman



Having read a quote from Neil Gaiman, he wrote "More than anything I just love random f*****g joy. Doing things because you can." I have the same mentality I thought I'd share my version of fun things to do with a twist, these take the dull out of the everyday tasks we all have to do. 


No.1 
I sing whilst I am cooking, doing a Sunday roast can take a little time so I usually work my way through a play list including Mary J Blige - Family Affair, Elbow - Grounds for Divorce, Ed Sheeran - Thinking out loud, Labrinth - Earthquake and Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered. My kitchen is at the front of the house so I am sure the neighbours have heard me, they still talk to me, so I suppose I haven't scared them away ... yet!

No.2
I dance when I am hoovering. Another not so exciting job, but a necessary one, so I figure why not make it fun and get some exercise at the same time.

No.3
I think feet aren't the nicest part of our body and so I always take care of mine, painting my toenails in different colours, with dots and strips at least makes them look funky and not in the smelly kind of way.

No.4
I don't mind ironing, but let's face it, it isn't exactly thrilling, so when I have a pile to do, I line up a bunch of films or a box set to watch at the same time.

No.5
When my daughter was younger I figured taking her to the supermarket for the weekly shop wasn't fun for her, so I started playing my own version of hide and seek. I would attempt to distract her and whilst she wasn't looking I would charge off into another aisle with the trolley in tow.

I am sure there are more things, but I think this will do for now. If there are things you do to make boring jobs fun I would love to hear them.

Love,

Cate x

Comments

  1. When I have to do a lot of groceries, I do silly things with products at the supermarket.

    Doing a big piles of dishes with good music is good for the soul. :)

    Taking a jump shot or two for the washer has been known to happen.

    If you can shake dat ass, then shake it while doing a chore :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment