Waffling and stuff

Writing is a great way of expressing yourself, a therapy on occasion, great fun, a chance to make a little mischief (Miss Chief!) and an opportunity to share a little of ourselves with others, should they wish to immerse themselves in our crazy world.

I had a very interesting discussion earlier this week with a friend who didn't know I was in the middle, or should I say near the end, of writing a book. Shyly they confessed they had always dreamt of doing the same but didn't know where to start. 

For me, it all started when another friend told about an experience she had, I went home and thought I could write a short story about that. Before I knew it the character's had developed lives of their own, I'd written over 8,000 words and was no where near finished. My advice to my friend, other than write about what you know, was don't think I am going to write a 80,000 novel from the off. Just sit down with an idea and start writing, if the story is told well, you will know when it is done and if nothing else you should enjoy the process along the way.

Enough waffling, go out there and have some fun.